Tuesday, 23 September 2014

My First Story - The Family That Got Mad

Or something like that. It's hard to remember the specifics. Hello! and welcome to this late-night blog post, whenever you happen to be reading this.

Last post, I gave you the list of every book I can remember starting, and I promised I'd go into each of them in detail. So, I thought I'd jump right in and start at number 1, which is of course, my first book ever.

I don't remember how old I was when I wrote it, so I always just say 4. It's my go-to age for things that happened when I was really young. Anyway, the "book" was made of regular lined paper, and I think I got one of my parents to staple a red construction paper cover onto it. It was four or six pages long, written in crayon, and half the pages were pictures. I think it went a little something like this:

Once there was a family. They loved each other very much. Then one day at supper, they got mad. They threw all their food on the floor and poured their drinks in the toilet. Then they weren't mad anymore. The end.

I'm paraphrasing, but that's about the gist of it. I'm sure the spelling and grammar weren't as good, though. XD
I'd write down the exact words if I had them, but it's unlikely that my little story survived the many spring cleanings through the years. I could maybe look through the dusty old boxes in the basement, but . . .

There might be spiders down there.

THE POINT IS: Little Me was an odd, entertaining duck.
Speaking of Little Me, I was going through some old books of ours today, and found my and my brother's baby books! It was equally adorable, hilarious, and embarrassing, haha. Apparently I used to call dogs "ra-ra-ra"s, and before I was even 2, I asked "How was your day?" The best one was when I was like 2 and a half:
"I'm mad!"
"Why are you mad?"
"Because that Philistine almost hit me with his sword!"

I suppose that was a side effect of learning the story of David and Goliath at a young age?

And in my brother's baby book, there was a page where you could put who all was in the household and family at the time the baby was born, and under "pets," they put, "Rachel's invisible kittens." I don't know what that means, but it sounds like me.

ALSO, in my baby book, there was a page to list my first friends, and one of them was a boy named Easton, who went to the same babysitter as us. I remember that kid, but I didn't remember his name and now it's making me laugh. When we get around to number 8 on my book list . . . you'll understand why. Also apparently he was a year older than me, and "mushy" (that's what it says in the book), always trying to hug and kiss me. I don't remember that either, but it sounds adorable.

OK, so that's enough rambling for now (I ramble a lot, fyi). I just found all that really entertaining, and thought, Why not share it? haha! But I'm done now.

Until next time! Toodles!

P.S. The friend list also listed one of my bffs from kindergarten, Colin, and there was a note in parenthesis that said "future husband, maybe" and I absolutely DIED laughing. XD

P.P.S. Hey Sunny, there was a picture in the book of the whole kindergarten class, and we were standing next to each other and I was like AWWWW WE SO CUTE. X)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! That pic totally needs to get posted on the internet somewhere lol
    You should totally scan it and email it to me:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! I think I can do that, if I can figure out how to work our printer/scanner machine. X)

      Delete