Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Best Blogging Buddies Award

Hey! I almost forgot I was nominated for this! *whew* Close one. XD Thanks to H.M. Wilson for the nomination.

First, the rules:
  1.  You must make a post to show your award on your main blog. (check!)
  2. You must tag the person who nominated you in your post. (check!)
  3. You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated for this award.
  4. You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions in your post.
  5. You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you on your post.
Ok! On to:

The Questions!

1. What would your pen-name be if you chose to publish under one?
Maybe Dakota Densmore, since that's a pseudonym I used on the internet a lot. OR! Elizabeth Marks, something I came up with when I was younger for secret reasons. X)

2. If you could travel into any book of your choice, which one would it be & why?
Oh, goodness . . . maybe . . . maybe the original Sherlock Holmes stories? I could live in 221A Baker Street, and be a nosy neighbor. XD Yes, Sherlock would be, dare I say, an ass in real life, but he's just so awesome . . . and I find that he seems a little nicer in the books than in his tv portrayals. But maybe that's just me. 

3. If you could become any character, who would it be?
THESE QUESTIONS! Haha. BECOME any character, hmm? . . . perhaps . . . oh gee. I don't know. At the risk of sounding ridiculously shallow and cliche'd, I'm going to say: anyone who gets to marry a really sweet, awesome, attractive man. XD HA!! Ugh, I just reverted to my 12-year-old, boy-obsessed self. Whoops! *claws her way back to 19* Hmm, it's not that much different up here than down there. Welp. 

4. Who is your favorite author?
Can't choose one. Nope nope nope. So I will give you my usual list: Julie Klassen, M.L. Tyndall, Jill Williamson, Wayne Thomas Batson, Donita K. Paul, Mirriam Neal . . . Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. ;D

5. Favorite Writing Quote?


This one, because it made me laugh. XD that's one way to put it. X)

6. Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
Fantasy is pretty much my favorite genre ever; to read, write, or watch. X)

7. Fiction or NonFiction?
Fiction, usually. :)

8. Favorite time period?
Oh goodness. While past times were awesome with their propriety and chivalry and whatnot, they also had a LOT of downsides. Like a lack of sanitary toilets. Can I travel to the year 2364 and be on the Enterprise with Captain Jean Luc Picard instead?



Also, the 50's. I love the 50's, don't ask me why. XD

9. Contemporary or Classic?
I'mmmmm not sure what that means. I'll say classic. ^.^

10. Best hero?
Aw man, now I have to remember everything I've ever read. Maybe everything I've ever watched! *thinks really really really hard* *has an aneurysm* *dies* Oh my gawwsshh I can't think of one!! Maybe . . . maybe . . . maybe . . . ! You know, I'm just going to fall back on Sherlock Holmes, because I'm a freaky fangirl of his. :P hehe if I think of anyone else, I'll edit them in. 

(sidenote: I went through my goodreads "read" list for inspiration, and there's like, 16 solid pages of kid's books in there. Out of 26 pages. No lie. XD so, that wasn't a whole lot of help.)

11. Best villain?
For sneakiness and cruelty (also because the dvd is sitting next to me), I'll say Hans "of the Southern Isles" from Frozen. XD Also Loki from Avengers and Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock, because they're fan favorites. Them fandoms, tho.

12. Best soundtrack?
I'm excluding soundtracks where most songs have words, because that's harder to write to. And weeeellll . . . there are two game soundtracks my brother and I have always loved (because we also loved the games). They are Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis, and Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. However, I also like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings soundtracks (I love anything LOTR-related). So . . . there's 4 for the price of 1. X)

13. Favorite writing song?
I actually usually write in silence. Much as I love music and soundtracks and things, I am waaayyy too easily distracted. 

14. A word you wish was said more often?
Lately I've had the phrase "a most egregious error" stuck in my head (you know, like a song, but instead of song lyrics . . . a random phrase). So, if it were normal to say that out loud, that'd be cool. Especially if you could say it with a really pretentious accent. Also the word "splendiforous" should be a thing.

15. Favorite blog?
Hmm. Probably Go Teen Writers, because they give awesome advice and are actually professional authors. Hehe but I love a lot of blogs. 

~*~*~*~

Now, the nominations. To the best of my knowledge, none of you have been nominated before, but if you have, feel free to ignore it. Or, ya know . . . do it again. X)

Nominations:
So if you are one of these awesome people (or just feel like answering questions), feel free to grab this list and make your own post:

My Questions for You:
  1. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
  2. What is your method for keeping track of your writing ideas? (e.g., I have mine all categorized in a three-ring binder.)
  3. Have you ever participated in any writing contests (e.g. Nanowrimo, 100/100), and how did you do?
  4. Tea or coffee (or hot chocolate)?
  5. Have you ever traveled outside your country? Where?
  6. How long have you been blogging? Is this your first blog?
  7. Where do you usually do most of your writing?
  8. Of all the characters you've ever written, who is your favorite and why?
  9. Do you have any pets? Do you want any?
  10. What do you do when you're not writing?
  11. Do you ever get writing inspiration from tv shows/movies?
  12. Horror or thrillers, or neither of them, ever?
  13. Was there ever a time you thought the movie was actually better than the book?
  14. What is your favorite holiday/special occasion and why?
  15. Would you rather BE a dragon, or HAVE a dragon?
BONUS ROUND:
And now, these age-old questions; Which is better:
  1. Pirates or ninjas?
  2. Ninjas or Jedi?
And why?


Now that that's done, let's check that rule list again:
  1.  You must make a post to show your award on your main blog. (check!)
  2. You must tag the person who nominated you in your post. (check!)
  3. You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated for this award. (check!)
  4. You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions in your post. (check!)
  5. You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you on your post. (check!)
Look at that! I did it! WOOHOOOO!!! :D Your turn . . . ! ;)

and also, pass along this adorable owl!

17 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks for nominating me. I can't wait to answer your questions!

    Oh and also - that whole thing where you get a phrase stuck in your head? One of my biggest problems in life. The phrase of the day for me is "Thanks for the sour persimmons cousin!" (*in a daffy duck accent of course*). Most people don't appreciate getting that shoved into their face at random moments, although my siblings are amazingly obliging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun!!! :D

      ahahahaha! That is a hilarious phrase to have, and if you said it to me, I would probably laugh and repeat it, laugh again, and tell it to someone else. XD

      Delete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the nomination! I'll get to it ASAP!

    Also, I love the Star Trek and the Sherlock and the LOTR and the Hobbit and the Loki and the Hans, because those are all my favorite things. :) You also have such gorgeous pen names!

    (Also, bonus points for the Hades-egregious-error reference.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I can't wait!

      YOU ARE MY FAN SISTER *hugs* X) and aww thanks!! :D

      (oh, is it from a thing? lol I just know that the words "egregious" and "error" often go together, and so I've been saying "You have made a most egregious error" in my mind, with some sort of British accent. XD)

      Delete
    2. Turns out I'm doing three of these things, and so I'm tagging you back, because I'm sure you don't have enough ideas already. ;)

      semilegacy.blogspot.com/2014/11/three-tags-and-blogaversary.html

      Delete
    3. WOOHOO! X) thanks!! I love these things. ;D

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination! This looks like so much fun.

    I love that quote. it made me laugh too! Also, great pen name choices! I've never had a phrase stuck in my head, but that's probably because the random song lyrics are taking up too much room. =)

    Thanks again for the nomination, Grace and I will get to this as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS fun! :D

      haha, I know that feeling, too. XD

      I look forward to it! :D

      Delete
    2. Hi! Just wanted to leave you a link to our post, it was so much fun to make!

      http://graceandsteele.blogspot.com/2014/12/best-blogging-buddies-award.html

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! I've gotten like four since I came back, so I'll have to get to all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Popular girl! :D Hahaha no rush, no worries, have fun! :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the nomination Rachel! I'll have to see about accepting it on my blog sometime this week. There are so many great words that aren't said enough, aren't there? Egregious is a good one. My sisters like the word 'florid'. It's got quite an old fashioned feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks up florid* oo, good word. X) hehe. I look forward to seeing your post, if you do end up doing it. ^.^

      Delete
  6. Thanks for nominating me :) I love these cool pass-it-on awards. I'll try to get to it sooner rather than later, during the holidays I get a little scattered (and also during all other times of the year).
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know the feeling. XD I'm excited to see it, whenever you get to it! ;)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the nomination! I know I'm purdy late. I missed the comment notification.

    How can anyone choose a favorite hero? There are so many amazing ones, it's absolutely impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe no problem! I hope you have fun with it if you choose to do it! :D

      I KNOW!! They're all so....heroic. XD

      Delete