Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Favorite Screen Characters Tag

Thank you to the ever-lovely Christine over at Musings of an Elf for tagging me in this super-fun post!

If you can't guess from the title, the point of this tag is to select (if you possibly can) ten of your favorite on-screen fictional characters (yes, only ten). Then tag ten friends who can proceed to flail and shriek on their own blogs, tag their own friends, who can then flail and tag, and on and on it goes.

So, without further ado, my top ten favorite tv characters (in no particular order)!

~One~



Merlin, from BBC's Merlin. 
I....actually have nothing to add to what Christine has already said. This guy takes the cake for sweetest, most adorably awkward, most compassionate character who's ever feared for his life on a daily basis while at the same time having to put up with a really thankless job. Bravo Merlin, you cute little very-powerful wizard, you. ^.^

~Two~


Shawn Spencer from USA Network's Psych. 
Psych is one of my all-time favorite shows, and Shawn is the utterly flamboyant star. Rules, laws, and normalcy are all meaningless. Self-consciousness is not a word in his vocabulary. Go big or go home, especially when giving up the ruse would mean jail time. Shawn is a one-man whirlwind, but he can't do without his best friend Gus. Their bromance is probably the most accurate portrayal of best friends that ever ran on television. Maybe, I haven't seen that many bromances. But anyway, the reason I love Shawn so much is that he's so RANDOM and HYPER, but still a very caring guy. And that speaks to me. 

~Three~



Sherlock Holmes from...everywhere. 
The original books, newer books, the movies from the 40's (pictured above), Benedict Cumberbatch, RDJ, Jonny Lee Miller! I just love Sherlock Holmes, ok? He's just so dang CLEVER! I always appreciate characters who are much smarter than I am. And as much of a sociopathic jerk as he may seem to be in the recent adaptions, he was nicer than that in the original books, I swear. Although, in all the screen adaptions today, we do see his human side now and again. X) Oh, and just FYI, the movies from the 40's are my favorites. Granted, they give a very poor, bumbling interpretation of Watson, but even so, Basil Rathbone will always be my Sherlock. ^.^ 

~Four~



Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. 
Um, who doesn't love Aragorn? His heart, his bravery, his wise and gentle demeanor? So soft-spoken, yet so strong. How can you not appreciate his willingness to eat disgusting stew just so he wouldn't hurt Eowyn(the maker of that particular stew)'s feelings? Appreciate his tact in turning down her advances in the most compassionate way possible? Respect his unwavering determination to fight time and time again in the face of almost certain death? I don't care what way you slice it, I don't care if you don't like the fantasy genre, I don't care if you've never read or watched Lord of the Rings: Aragorn is a character worth your time.

~Five~



The Doctor from BBC's Doctor Who.
Well, of course. I'm a nerd, thus the Doctor must make his way into my list. X) I put up all four of the Doctors that have starred in the rebooted series (even though I haven't seen any episodes with the 12th Doctor yet), because I can't choose between them. They're all so charming and emotionally scarred! But that's ok, because even though they have different faces, voices, and personalities, they're all technically the same person. They're all "The Doctor," and so that counts as one character. So there.

~Six~



Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold from ABC's Once Upon a Time.
A villain, everyone! If you like Loki, you'll love Rumple. Charming, clever, impeccably dressed, powerful, observant, mischievous. But "all magic comes with a price!" He's still definitely evil. Violent little life-destroyer. And why does he need all those babies? However, if you choose to watch this show, he will become part of your OTP. It's actually adorable, even though he still kills people and stuff (whoops). There's nothing like watching a villain struggle to be a good guy. 

~Seven~



Patrick Jane from CBS's The Mentalist
Shawn Spencer, Sherlock Holmes, and Patrick Jane would either be best friends or mortal enemies, because they are all alike, in that they are all extremely observant and intuitive. Patrick is suave yet childish, refined in a rumpled way, he loves tea, and he has a tragic backstory. What's not to love?

~Eight~



Monroe from NBC's Grimm.
Monroe is technically a secondary character, but the main character, Nick, could do DIDDLY SQUAT without him. Monroe (one half of my ultimate OTP, btw) is quiet, cultured, appreciative of the beauty around him, smart, and can rip off a man's arm with little to no effort. We're not sure what his past looks like exactly (or what his last name is), but he's clearly made every effort to get away from it (his past, not his last name. Well, maybe his last name, we don't know). He was reluctant to help Nick at first, but now they're fast friends, and Monroe is more invaluable than ever. He's just--AH, I can't. I love him. He wears fluffy sweaters and button-up shirts, you guys. X)

~Nine~



John Reese from CBS's Person of Interest.
Meet the coolest customer on tv. You know how I said Patrick is suave? Reese is suave-r. He's the most talented assassin ever and I love it. Some might call is cheesy or boring or too unbelievable, but I love the way he can walk into a crowded room full of goons, take out every single one, and hardly break a sweat. I love his ever-present suit, his soft, quiet voice, how he can speak like ten languages, and how he's proficient in every weapon. I love how he takes care of and is taken care of by Harold, the other main character. So cute. X) 

~Ten~



Artie Nielsen from Syfy's Warehouse 13.
Artie is the agent in charge at the Warehouse, even though the other MC's rarely do what he says. He's gruff and grumpy and no-nonsense, which contrasts well to the other characters' childish antics. He's like a second father to all of them, he'd do anything for them, and they'd do anything for him (except listen). Don't let his prickly demeanor fool you. He's a big teddy bear inside.





Like I said, these were in no particular order. I love all of them more or less equally. XD

And now:
TAG! YOU'RE IT!! Y'know, if you want. And anyone else who is interested can join, of course. 

P.S. Aren't you PROUD of me?? I actually tagged people instead of just throwing the tag out into the wind! Are you proud of me?....I'm proud of me. ^.^

20 comments:

  1. You did it, yaaay!

    It's hilarious how similar we are, I agree to SO many of these!

    Merlin OF COURSE. Gosh that boy just skldjfksajdf. MERLIIIIN.

    Shawn was SOOO close to making it to the list. I love him so MUCH. And Gus, too. If I make a second list they're totally going on there. And Sherlock, and Aragorn, and the Doctor. YES YES AND YES.

    MR. GOLD. SLDKFJLKSDJF. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I wanted to do characters from OUAT so bad but my problem is I love ALL the characters. Like I'd have to do a Top Ten Favorite OUAT list exclusively without any other shows or movies, and it'd STILL be hard. I just love everyone from that show so much!

    I've never seen The Mentalist, or Grimm, OR Person of Interest. :O Shameful! Those charries sound delightful though.

    I HAVE seen Warehouse 13, but just about half of the first season. But I agree Artie is fabulous and totally a big teddy bear. *squishes him*

    This list is beautiful. *pets it* So glad you participated! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! For the answers that we share, I considered just linking to your post again, like, "Just read that and you'll know how I feel, too." XD

      I agree, OUAT has sooo many good characters, but Gold tops the list, for me. That reminds me, I still have to watch season 3 on Netflix....AND I have to watch season 8 of Doctor Who! Gotta catch up. X)

      Lol shocking! XD But they're all good shows. The Mentalist just finished recently, actually, and it was a very sweet, satisfying ending. ^.^

      Warehouse 13 is the only show that gets a physical reaction out of me. I bounce on the couch and squeal and yell at the tv like I'm watching a sports game or something. XD

      Hehe thanks! It was really fun!! :D

      Delete
  2. Reese! I wasn't sure about him at first, but he quickly grew on me! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! Also, him and Harold have a pretty great bromance too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW thanks for tagging me!!

      Delete
    2. Hehehe they're pretty epic!! ^.^ And np, np! I figured you'd have some opinions to share. ;D <3

      Delete
  3. Sherlock, Aragorn, and Rumple are all awesome characters, and I know how you feel about them exactly. :) I like Aragorn a lot a lot, probably my favorite of those three, but it seems like you have some good geeky taste going!

    I've already done this tag, but thanks for thinking of me! :) Maybe next time, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep, being geeky is AWESOME. XD

      No problem! I never know who's done what, when, so I just guess. X) Next time, definitely. ;)

      Delete
  4. AHHH!! I want to do this! THANK YOU FOR THE TAG! *flails* I saw the first episode of Grimm but kind of didn't go on because Supernatural always steals my interests. XD BUT I WANT TO FINISH IT. I only kind of briefly met Monroe but so far he seems awesome.
    ZOMG SHAWN MY ADORABLE HYPER LITTLE PSYCHOTIC LOLLIPOP. I love him. I love that entire show. I basically binge watched the whole thing and I could cry from happiness.
    (Semi unrelated note...if you like really clever plots, totally try Leverage. IT IS EPIC and my ultimate tv series OTP is in there. <3)
    Also I'm endlessly pleased you like ALL the Sherlocks! ME TOOOOO! I feel like so many of the Sherlocks get a hard time, but isn't it possible to be in aaaall the Sherlock fandoms?! *raises hand* I am. xD RDJ is probably my favourite, but then Jonnie Lee Miller. Zomg, I love him and Joan Watson so much. That's what i'm watching now.
    Ahhh, and I'm rambling hopelessly. I love TV shows as you can tell. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you're welcome! I think you'd really like Grimm; it only gets better and better as the seasons go on.

      Psych is probably my favorite show ever. We have seen EVERY episode SO MANY TIMES! XD It never gets old.

      (ok, I'll look for it and add it to my "must watch" pile.)

      I know! I didn't expect to like Elementary, actually, but it is SO GOOD!

      Lol have fun with the tag! ^.^

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I already did this a couple months ago BUT I will totally do it again because, well...I have more than 10 favourite movie characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know the feeling! Have fun with it! :D

      Delete
  6. I love all of them with the exception of the last two and that is only because I haven't seen them. I can tell we would get along splendidly just because of the shows you watch. :) Thanks for tagging me, I did this tag last month, but I think I might want to do it again anyways. http://skyehoffert.blogspot.ca/2015/04/favorite-screen-characters-tag.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! If we ever meet in person, we'll have to have some sort of tv marathon! XD
      Lol I'm a little late to the party, I see! Well, if you decide to do it again, have fun! :D

      Delete
  7. THANK YOU!! I watch so little TV .... I've hardly even heard of most of these. I mean I've *heard* of them but the only one I've watched is BBC Sherlock. Which is, of course, the best thing ever. Benedict <3 <3 <3

    But thank you for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! And hey, I'm sure you could change it into favorite book characters, if you wanted! X)

      Delete
    2. Actually. I made a top ten book characters list with my friend last night. Rachel, you have put me onto something.

      Delete
  8. I love this!!! Totally doing this tag soon... Thank you!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. FREAKING LOVE THE DOCTOR. All the Doctors, all of them. But David Tennant will always be my Doctor. :) His character is just so incredibly well-written and portrayed by ever actor who plays him. I love getting to see all sides of him, his sense of humor, the dark parts of him, the kind parts, all of it.

    I love Rumple and I love Rumbelle! Something about a flawed character paired with someone so kind and watching them kind of fix each other is really appealing to me. Which is also why I love Captain Swan and Sherlolly and Thorne/Cress and basically more than half of my OTPs.

    Do you mind if I steal this for my blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOT! DOCTOR WHO AND RUMBELLE AND ALL THE FUN THINGS! ^.^ Thorne/Cress? Which show is that from? And please do! I'd love to see your answers!! :D

      Delete