Monday, 5 October 2015

Bookshelf Tag

The ever-lovely Christine tagged me to make this super fun post, all about a bookworm's favorite thing: their bookshelf!

Prepare yourself, this is a long one.

~*~*~*~*~*~

1~Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn’t actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:



I've had this shelf for . . . pretty much as long as I've been alive. It remains, to this day, the only bookshelf I have. We have like three family bookshelves, and my brother has one of his own, but this is the only one that's mine. 

2~Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
Ok, I'm kinda weird. I sort my books more or less by height, pretty much only varying from this when it would split up books by the same author. Like so:


I ran out of room, hence the horizontal stacks. But see how the largest books are at the edges?

3~What’s the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Well, I have a giant study bible on my shelf, does that count? Lol if not, I also have Eona by Alison Goodman, at 637 pages.




4~What’s the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Hehe, a funny little book called Bloodhounds Inc. 2: The Mystery of the Invisible Knight, by Bill Myers, at a scant 124 pages.



Also, that is my stuffed moose Monroe. You may also call him Moses, because Lizzy did one time and it was hilarious. 

5~Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?
Ummm . . . most of them? XD I also get them for Christmas!

6~What’s the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Pick any of the stacked ones:



Or one of the thin ones to the side!

7~Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
These ones at least, possibly others as well:



The Enchanted Forest coloring book by Johanna Basford, The Cat's Pajamas (a picture-and-info book about cats!) by Rachael Hale, and How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You by . . . The Oatmeal. Ok.

8~Most expensive book?
Well, as I mentioned before, most of the books on my shelf are gifts, but . . . since my schoolbooks on the shelf also, probably The Illustrated Guide to Veterinary Medical Terminology by Janet Amundson Romich for like . . . $120? I can't quite remember. 




9~The last book you read on your shelf?
The Reckoning by M.L. Tyndall. I got it for my birthday last(ish) month!



10~Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
Of the ones on my shelf? Probably one of these two:



Shadow of His Hand by Anita Dittman, and Abby: Lost at Sea by Pamela Walls.


11~Do you have the complete series of any book series?
They're not really a "series," but I have all these Julie Klassen books:



There's also the other pirate books from the Reckoning picture in question 9 (which is all the books in the series so far), and the Abby books from pictures in 10 and 6. There's also these dragon books by Donita K. Paul, which is the actual, full (as far as I know) series:




12~What’s the newest addition to your shelf?
These three secondhand store finds, and my birthday book:



Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, and Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

13~What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
Hmm . . .  gotta be those Abby books.

14~What’s the most recently published book on your shelf?
Harkening back once again to The Reckoning, which only released this past . . . July?

15~The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
Oh, could be any of these, I actually have no earthly idea:



Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and the Chronicles of the Deryni trilogy by Katherine Kurtz.

16~A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
Ha! Well, like most people, I'd have to say . . . almost everything on my shelf. X) I do let my close friends borrow things, though. They know to be careful. ;)

17~Most beat up book?
Probably The Return of Sherlock Holmes, from the picture in 15.

18~Most pristine book?
ONCE AGAIN probably The Reckoning, because it's the newest, but most of my books are in excellent condition.

19~A book from your childhood?
Well, I already mentioned a couple, but there's this one also:



Andrea Carter and the Dangerous Decision by Susan K. Marlow. I got it when I was 12, so I don't know if it reeeaally counts as "childhood," but . . . close enough. All our books from when we were really young are stacked in the basement.

20~A book that’s not actually your book?
All the ones in the picture from 15 could possibly not be defined as "mine." Also I actually have one of my brother's books and a few "shared" books on my shelf, now that I look at it. Meh. There's no room on his shelf, either. And MOST of the books on his shelf are "shared," so . . . we just have books all over the place. X)

21~A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
Not exactly, but this Wizardology book from Candlewick Press probably comes the closest, with faux jewels and raised writing on the cover:




22~A book that is your favorite color?
EON. RED. YAY.




23~Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read?
Ha . . . haha . . . whoops. The first Deryni one from back in 15, and this one:



Sword in the Stars by Wayne Thomas Batson. It's not that I don't like Batson's work; I really do. I just can't seem to get into this one? I'm like a third in, and I've been there for months. Oopsy. Also, that's my brother's dagger that I borrowed for this photo op. He got it in Alnwyck Castle in Scotland!

~*~*~*~*~*~

As you can maybe tell, I busted out my trusty Canon for this book photoshoot. It was fun! The tag and the pictures.

I won't tag anyone, as per usual, but if you want to do it, please go ahead! BUT!!! Go back to Christine's tag for the questions. I took out a few of them, since the answer would have just been, ". . . nope!" Have fun!

19 comments:

  1. Ahh, your bookshelf is adorable, and I love that fairy in #11! :D

    My brother read all those Bloodhound books... I think I missed out on something there. XD

    Oh my goodness, I LOVED those Abby books when I was younger! It's so neat to see that someone else has read them too. I remember acting out a scene with a friend, inspired by the book with...who was it? that Wolf guy?

    Also, that Enchanted Forest coloring book--tell me, is it any good? I've been eyeing it ever since I saw it in a Chapters ad.

    And those Dark Sea Annals books... It's too bad you haven't gotten into them. I liked them quite a bit when I read them, but the writing flaws (especially in the second) started bugging me. I hear he's re-releasing them along with book 3, though, so maybe he got them cleaned up a little more nicely? :P Hopefully.

    Anyway, great post! So glad you did this tag! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks!

      Lol I've only read the one, but it was pretty funny. XD

      OMG REALLY?? I DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE I KNOW HAS READ THEM! X) LOL "That Wolf guy"? I don't remember him....but it has been quite a while since I've read them. :P

      YES it's so pretty and fun! Sharpen your pencil crayons to a fine point tho; there are some pretty small lines to color! ;D

      Lol I haven't noticed any writing flaws (yet), actually. And I don't know why I can't get into it. Normally I love WTBs stuff. :(

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
    2. I KNOW, THAT'S WHY I'M THRILLED. LOL, I don't remember if his name was actually Wolf. All I can recall is that he was dark-haired, possibly a pirate, and...um...was a bad guy. That's about it. :P

      Ooh, good, I love little spaces in coloring pages. :)

      I think I noticed more in the second book. The first was pretty good in that regard, if I remember correctly. Yeah, I usually like his stuff too! Hopefully you can get into it enough to get to all the juicy parts! There's some awesome fantasy concepts later on in Sword in the Stars. :D

      Delete
    3. Oh HIIIIIM. I know who you mean. *looks it up* LOL you were close!! They called him "Jackal". XD

      Ok! I'll keep trying. ;D

      Delete
  2. Nice pictures, and books.
    I need to read Cinder, and Sherlock Holmes a well loved classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Cinder was GREAT, and I loooooooove Sherlock Holmes. XD

      Delete
  3. Your pictures look really good! I can definitely tell that you put extra effort into them:) That Artemis Fowl book makes me happy!

    This is such a fun little link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEHE it was fun. The pictures look better on my camera than they do here, though.... oh well. X)

      It is!

      Delete
  4. Aaaahhhh! You did it. This makes me so happy!!! It's way too fun seeing peeks into others' book collections!

    I really love how you have everything organized. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that organizes things a little differently from the norm.

    Oh, oh! Donita K. Paul's dragon books! Those are some of my favorite series. Looooove those books! (Also I'm drooling over that fairy figurine. I love ALL things fairies and have a couple fairy figurines myself.)

    Have you read Cinder yet? It is SO good!!! I've been meaning to get the rest in the series for the longest.

    That Wizardology book is gorgeous. O_O *drools*

    DAT DAGGER. So epic! And he got it in Scotland??? :O I am so jelly right now! That is way too cool!

    I loved, loved, loved seeing all your pretty pictures and hearing about your books. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun, thanks for tagging me!! :D Of course, I may have done it regardless..... ;D

      Lol I don't know when I started doing it that way, but it was a loooong time ago. XD

      Like many of the books on our shelves, Dad saw the first one on Amazon, thought "that looks interesting," and bought it for me and my brother. We liked them, so dad bought the next one, and the next one, etc. X) (Thanks! I got it at a store called Green Earth. They have lots of weird and artsy things. XD)

      YES I LOVED IT I WANT THE NEXT ONE! XD

      Thanks! Another dad gift, but this time a requested one. My friend had an Egyptology one, and we thought it was awesome, so dad got Ian Pirateology and me Wizardology. It's got pages with flaps you can open and tabs you can pull on. XD

      Isn't it awesome?? We went to Scotland a couple years ago, and did all sorts of touristy things. XD Ah, Scotland. I really want to go back. X)

      Hehe thaaanks. And lol no problem! ;D

      Delete
  5. This is such a great tag, loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought I'd try to put a little more effort into it for once. X)

      Delete
  6. Hey Rach!
    I tagged you in this new tag I made up: http://splash-of-ink.blogspot.ca/2015/10/sunny-revisits-childrens-books-new-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thaaanks! I'll be getting to that soon. XD

      Delete
  7. So many lovely books!

    Also, I like that fairy that seems to make it in some of those shots. You're photos are fantastic!

    I know that horizontal stacking trick. XD I've got a bit of that going on my shelf too.

    That Bill Meyers book sounds hilarious! He's so good and funny and. . . creepy at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.-- I tagged you for the #WritersLife tag. You know if you want to do it. :)

      http://ashleyg-inserttitlehere.blogspot.com/2015/10/writerslife-tag-scary-inner-workings-of.html#comment-form

      Delete
    2. A very belated thank you!! X)

      I DO want to do it! I'll be getting to that shortly. . . XD

      Delete
  8. Nice one ! i like it,Thanks for sharing..

    If you are interested to learn more, you can go to our website:www.swtorfast.com

    ReplyDelete